3 port valve woes....again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So. my sunvic SDM 1901 3 port failed and after seeking advice on here i have replaced it yesterday with a honeywell v4073.

unfortunately, the room stat does not fire up the boiler at all,ever, and the boiler seems controlled entirely by the tank stat, which leaves the boiler nearly constantly on. leading to tropical climates and scolding HW

i have triple checked all the wiring,( i took a photo before i touched the old wiring) and the a,b,ab orientation is correct

any help? before i thow in the towel and call a plumber, cant really afford it but there you go :(

Sponsored Links
So. my sunvic SDM 1901 3 port failed and after seeking advice on here i have replaced it yesterday with a honeywell v4073.

unfortunately, the room stat does not fire up the boiler at all,ever, and the boiler seems controlled entirely by the tank stat, which leaves the boiler nearly constantly on. leading to tropical climates and scolding HW

then it isn't being controlled by the cylinder stat then, at least not correctly

i have triple checked all the wiring,( i took a photo before i touched the old wiring) and the a,b,ab orientation is correct

I would quadruple check the wiring, what are you using to test with
some pics of your connections may help

Matt

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back