5-Million Candlepower spotlights...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picked one of these up from screwfix as an impulse buy and boy are they bright! :LOL:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/34887...ches/Million-Candle-Rechargeable-Spotlight-5M

Its probably brighter than a car headlight, the reflective front bit is about the size of a dinner plate! I had a look at the batteries and they are two 6V lead acid batteries.
This thing lights up my whole garden and more :cool:. Great for an emergency light and it seem to last too, probably about 25 mins or so.
They have the smaller 2-Million one as well which is probably more manageable, but I think that only has one 6V battery.

For £15 its a bargain!

Sponsored Links
I've got two of these somewhere, both useless because the batteries won't charge.

Presumably, being lead acid they need to be kept on charge continually otherwise they die.

SLA batteries are very tolerant of abuse.

I was annoyed at how quick mine runs down, I tried to find a lower-wattage bulb to use it as a work light, but couldn't get one to fit.

You might find the instructions say use it for short periods or it overheats

Sponsored Links
Yeah like car batteries after use they need charging. And if left for storage every 3 months or so need a full charge again. They use H3 type bulbs 100W which can be found at halfords or any other autofactors, they also do a 55W one so may try that one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back