665mm Kitchen worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased two lengths of 4.1 prima kitchen worktops. I want to join them using the router and jig method in a simple L shape, however a lot of the jigs i find don't seem to have a setting for 665mm. I have seen some at 650mm and 700mm.

Are there jigs that have a 665mm setting? if not what would be the preferred method?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Assuming that your jig is the type which registers off the back (flat) edge of the worktop surely all you need to do is set-up the jig for 700mm and put a wood offcut 35mm wide between the back of the worktop and the locator pins?

Scrit

Thanks for that, although they are not flat on the back, two post formed edges and the tops are 40mm thick. Its the prima bushboard range.

I was thinking off getting a jig off ebay for 30-40 pounds considering i might not ever do it agin. :D

Sponsored Links
So what you have is an island work top. No matter. The jig is located using round pins and a spacer block will work either way.

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back