82mm soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have installed a new bathroom on the first floor and was going to install a macerating toilet, i have now had a change of mind the problem i have is that the waste pipe will have to pass through three joists and although i will be able to get 82mm pipe through i will not be able to use 110mm for about 1000mm lengh can this be done.

Sponsored Links
Don't think so-thats pushing it a bit much, there are regulations stating how much you can take out from a joist, can you not drop below ceiling level and then box the pipe in?

The joist is 175mm x 50mm and will be supported with 6mm thick stainless steel plates approx 450mm long clamped either side with m6 bolts, i am hoping this will be adequate to support the joist.

Is there asn issue with using 82mm pipe for a short length and then connecting wto 110mm.

there`s a problem with both those ideas, i`m afraid :cry: .....yours may be the one place where a macerator is recommended.....a plumber needs to look to give a definie answer tho`

Sponsored Links
I am unable to run the pipe below the ceiling as one joist is above a lintel from party wall to interior wall and one other is above the interior wall.

I have the macerating toilet that i bought for this installation but this will be the only toilet in the house due to the redesign of the kitchen area and therfore loosing the downstairs toilet.

jud1967 said:
I am unable to run the pipe below the ceiling as one joist is above a lintel from party wall to interior wall and one other is above the interior wall.

I have the macerating toilet that i bought for this installation but this will be the only toilet in the house due to the redesign of the kitchen area and therfore loosing the downstairs toilet.

Check with building control before you continue, I think you will find that at least one wc has to be connected to the SVP, a macerator cannot be the only toilet.

i think its 1/8 the height of the joist for notching and 1/4 for centre hole thats the max dia.

Dunno about a plumber ...needs a structural engineer by the sound of it :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back