Fitting toilet onto 82mm Soil piping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone decided in their wisdom to put 82mm grey piping throughout my house as the soil piping for toilets.

We are replacing bathroom and have bought a new toilet with intention of simply swapping the toilet.

There is a strange BARTON s.97 adapter to make it from 82mm to 110. It has a rubber push on cap that is now old and tatty and we would rather not use it if we can get some other solution. Also reusing this causes issues where the new toilet is about 6" away from the wall which is far from ideal.

Replacing the whole soil pipe for 110mm would be the best solution but it goes down through my kitchen behind newly fitted kitchen units that I have no intention of removing.

Ive been looking at these adapters but I think they are intended to be used the opposite way I need.

SRM304_604.jpg

I would have it vertical with 110mm opening at the top and feeding down into 82mm piping.

DO you think this would seal ok either vertically (110mm on top and 82 at bottom) or even in a horizontal position?

The toilet drop goes about 18" down before going horizontal ish for about 3' then connecting into the main vertical 82mm pipe that drops down through the kitchen.

A plan I have at the moment is to cut the horiztonal or short vertical section and fit one of these ^ adapters before continuing up to the WC in 110mm proper piping.

Does that make sense, this is stressing me out, why cant people just use the right piping in the first place and avoid all these issues. I think the extension was built in the 60s.

Thanks for listening to my first post.

EDIT - I also bought one of the Mcalpine 3" to 110mm adapters. This just fits inside my short vertical piece of 82mm piping however it dramaticallt reduces the bore of the waste pipe to about 2.5" or 62mm. Being close to the WC I can anticipate this being an issue with flushing a bigger load ;)

mcalpine-rigid-straight-extention-reducer-40005055-474-p.jpg

Sponsored Links
I would go with the mcalpine one

Most wc pan connectors have this smaller bore

The soil pipe is not ideal but what can you do realistically.
There doesn't seem to be much horizontal but if possible I would leave some sort of access for ridding later if a blockage should occur

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back