87 year old stabbed to death?!?

If things aren't up to scratch, do you think they are justified in their complaints?
It depends what you mean by not up to scratch. They should have basic accommodation that is reasonably clean (if it's not up to their standards they can get some cleaning stuff and clean it, right?), safe and they should be given reasonable provision of food etc.

If they have valid concerns of course they should be free to raise them.

Of course, if they feel said issues aren't being addressed, they could leave for another country that might have higher standards in these areas than us.

Sponsored Links
Some people give the impression they'd be happy with any (unlimited) number of people coming into our country this way. Heck, the more the merrier, we should be aiming to be TOP of all those tables that show who's taking who. Some people don't agree with this. I'm in the latter camp.
Another who resorts to the extreme in support of their argument.
One can have empathy with asylum seekers without wanting more.

Another who resorts to the extreme in support of their argument.
One can have empathy with asylum seekers without wanting more.
Breaking my own rule and answering one more time. Of course I have empathy with anyone fleeing a terrible situation in whatever context. I especially have empathy for younger and infirm people seen in these dingies, some of whom have tragically lost their life. And no, I don't subscribe to strategies such as forcing dingies back that are half way across and will very likely sink if forced to do so.

However ...

That doesn't mean I think the current situation is right. It needs addressed, otherwise the boats will continue to come, perhaps in increased numbers. And no, I'm not convinced all those coming across were genuinely fleeing something in the first place. And no, I don't have evidence/stats etc to back that up.

That's me out on this one, goes round in circles.

And bear in mind, although this obviously doesn't preclude me from potentially being racist, I myself am mixed race so would fall into the bracket of a brown person on this forum. Over the years, although thankfully not to any great extent, I myself have been subject to racism in various forms from indirect, subtle and a bit more full on. So it would be a bit rich for me to be racist.

However, just because there's something going on that involves other black/brown people, doesn't mean I therefore have to fully subscribe to it. And, just because I don't subscribe to it, that doesn't mean I'm racist. Some folk just can't seem to grasp that concept.

Sponsored Links
It depends what you mean by not up to scratch. They should have basic accommodation that is reasonably clean (if it's not up to their standards they can get some cleaning stuff and clean it, right?), safe and they should be given reasonable provision of food etc.

Of course, if they feel said issues aren't being addressed, they could leave for another country that might have higher standards in these areas than us.
Well, we've failed there then.

Wife. - two sprogs - with two girlfriends. Sorry boyo. I’ll keep on the lookout for sad lonely singles living alone in multi bedroom houses though. I’ll be sure to vet them to make sure there are no engines on dining tables, or crappy cars out front propped up on bricks. (y)

There are no cars out side this house or on the premises / garden

Got a garage ? Put a migrant in there

Do yer bit for humanity for ounce
In yer life

Instead of your constant

What can the country do for you ask what you can do for the country ;)

Although I must admit in your case it would be pack yer case and clear off out of it :ROFLMAO:

Notice how this thread has changed direction since the suspect was named ?

let's move it on to complaining about migrants, legal or illegal !

immigration is a major issue, but I think it is obvious now that it wasn't the fault of the EU. We have to stop blaming others, understand the cause, find the traffickers, sort out an immigration system to stop the illegal crossings and sort it.

good job this government is on the case and has been for years .

immigration is a major issue, but I think it is obvious now that it wasn't the fault of the EU. We have to stop blaming others, understand the cause, find the traffickers, sort out an immigration system to stop the illegal crossings and sort it.

No
Cannot say I have noticed a change of direction

Understand the cause? The world's f**ked in many ways. Corrupt governments, corrupt businesses, hardcore dictators, humankind's insatiable appetites for power, control and greed. There's your cause. Good luck sorting that little lot out ;) we've not been able to since year dot so I won't be holding my breath.

As for our government, I appreciate you're most likely being sarcastic, however that aside, Rishi and Truss were talking tough last night on the boats from France situation. So it will be interesting to see if whoever becomes PM actually does do something when they're in power. Again, I won't hold my breath.

Understand the cause? The world's f**ked in many ways. Corrupt governments, corrupt businesses, hardcore dictators, humankind's insatiable appetites for power, control and greed. There's your cause. Good luck sorting that little lot out ;) we've not been able to since year dot so I won't be holding my breath.

As for our government, I appreciate you're most likely being sarcastic, however that aside, Rishi and Truss were talking tough last night on the boats from France situation. So it will be interesting to see if whoever becomes PM actually does do something when they're in power. Again, I won't hold my breath.
so it wasn't the E U then ?

how long has this lot been "sorting immigration"?. As you have said before, maybe they don't actually want (or know how) to sort it.

but blaming people for looking for a better life isn't the answer either.

The suspect looks North African.

There are too many immigrants, legal or illegal. There were too many 20 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Or just make them sleep on the streets, like they do in France. That would help stop illegal crossings.

Could those ranting about 'immigrants' and 'foreigners' just have jumped the gun as usual?

"A man has appeared in court charged with the murder of a grandfather stabbed while riding a mobility scooter in west London.
Thomas O'Halloran, 87, died at the scene on Cayton Road, Greenford, after being attacked just after 16:00 BST on Tuesday.
Lee Byer, 44, of Southall, west London, was remanded in custody at Willesden Magistrates' Court."
Calm down dear. Remember how you were quick to quote the details of poor innocent Mo when he 'found' 39 dead people in the container on the back of his unit and his gallant attempt to summons help for them?

"Lorry driver 'Mo' Robinson, 25, dialled 999 30 minutes after pick-up having gone to get his cargo paperwork and finding 39 dead bodies piled up inside...

Apparently he'd parked up at the industrial estate in Essex and had gone to fetch the paperwork from a pocket on the inside of the lorry door. When he opened the container up and saw all the dead bodies, he was absolutely horrified - as anyone would be - and called the ambulance service who in turn alerted the police."

Ellat tried a few more times to spring to Mo's defence and give him the benefit of doubt when it was bloody obvious what had happened. Turned out the man was a lying murderous **** with no regard for his human cargo and confessed. I think it was around that time that Ellal stopped posting in that thread and melted into the background. No "Oops, I was wrong" or "Glad they caught him" from Ellal there!

Not complaining that things aren't up to scratch.

May I remind you that the phrase "not up to scratch" was your dismissive response to their genuine concerns of feeling like prisoners, and being kept in squalid and unacceptable conditions.

Sponsored Links
Back