9651 Spate of random tampers

JM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone heard of anything relevant?

A 9651 installed about 1½ years ago. Never any trouble at all. Yesterday a string of Z06 tampers and restores (9-10 occurances) over 30-45 minutes. Then all okay again.

Checked for anything obvious but nothing jumping out at me- Checked cover on KX15DQ pir, cover on 8w-conn box both okay and call tamper when removed/cleared when in place, visible cabling clear of 'friends' and damage. Metered zone pair and steady 2k odd and 6.9 when pir seeing someone. Panel R value showed a steady 2k0 on the keypad when idle.

Is there anything known (radio interference, nearby cell site, mains glitches) that might have caused this.

Leaving it for now. If it does reoccur it'll be swap PIRs between zones and then change the zone to start to eliminate.

Sponsored Links
is it a uk or en version ? and have you got a speaker connected on the same cable as the keypad ? we had a problem with some 9651 with random tampers even when they where linked out and it kept moving from one zone to the next.

EN-41 as it happens (I'm surprised I could determine that).
No, speaker is nearby the end unit and on it's own cable (v.short).
Troubled zone is also a short run, fairly straight 5yds at a guess. This shares with one of the soundbombs on O/P3 I think (follows bell) via the conn box mentioned.
Keypad (2) cables are unique to the KPs (spares unused).

All FSL, no other alarms/tampers beforehand - or since (okay today).

I would completely remove the zone and aux wires at the panel and detector end, twist them together at the PIR and check for low resistance from the panel end (should be no more than 3 or 4 ohms, depending on the quality of the cable). Metering with resistors in place can mask a dodgy loop resistance. Then untwist and check for a very high (ideally open circuit) resistance between all conductors. Also try metering the tamper switch on the detector and open/close the tamper switch a few times while doing this. Also worth removing the EOL jumpers if used and metering the alarm relay (again, tamper switch and alarm relay should be less than 1 ohm)

Sponsored Links
we sent them back they where uk50 versions around 5 years ago, i have also had a problem with another which was a en version it had a speaker on with a door contact, we ran another cable ( screened ) for the speaker and its been ok since. try an act 1313 see if that helps..

Obviously, check all the connections in the detector and the panel. I guess that you've used command 199 in installers mode to check the resistances of the zone - it should be 2k2 when 'closed' and 6k9 when 'open'.

No joy? Try using another pair for the zone (green/white?). Try another, spare zone if you can. Program Zone 6 as NU and set the spare zone up the way that Z06 was programmed

Still no joy? Fit an ACT-1313 spike suppression filter (e.g. eBay item 370597016221).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back