A few questions on A142 mesh and R10 Rebar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just been given a plan from a structural engineer.

I understand 99% of what we have got to do (raft with A142 mesh and R10 bars).

Can anyone explain what the following means;

1) Concrete to be C35 ready mix OR SITE MIX . . . . . "mixed using a gauge box by volume"

Is a gauge box just a way of getting the mix right - by weighing it BUT as we will be using
ready mix can I disregard the "gauge box"?

2) Slab with A142 mesh "Linted to footings with R10 bars"

Does LINTED mean join?

What has got to happen is a 1200mm raft, 225mm deep with A142 mesh 40mm from base and
A142 mesh 40mm from top, with "Z" shape R10 bars that will sink into new dining room floor
(filled with C35 - as C35 has got to be used on raft, and want to do two new floors and raft
in one hit with C35)

Just for your info - 2 days ago we had 3.5 cubic metres of C20 (20mm aggregate) as a
food fill to stabilize the ground.

Finally, is it acceptable to fill raft shuttering to 40mm with C35 and then place A142 mesh on top
of mix - then continue to fill just enough to allow second A142 mesh 40mm below - then fill to top?

Will the mix hold the mesh in place?

If not, what is acceptable plinth (cheap option if possible)?

Many thanks.

Stephen

Sponsored Links
Forget about gauge box if using readymix, its purely a volume tool to help get the mix right as concrete is gauged by volume not weight.

I imagine linted should read 'linked'

you can buy special cradle things which i think are called chairs? I have used a few concrete block pavers once or twice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back