A gibbon, sir?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother (who lives with my parents) was awoken in the middle of the night by the sound of chavs in a Ford Fiesta pulling up noisily behind my dad's parked ST220 in the street. He was sure he saw them trying to get into the boot. So, he got up and headed for the stairs with a view to giving them a backhander but they had gone by the time he got to the door (luckily for them, as he is a rather massive person who gets rather angry at chavs.)

Anyway, this morning it became apparent what they had done. For some reason, these gimps in a rusty old Fiesta, had decided to steal the Ford badge off the boot of the Mondeo. Not the ST220 badge, the Ford badge. The badge that is on probably 5 million cars in this country. Now, I was thinking, there is no way they stole it to put on their Fiesta, why would you do that? It wouldn't match! But it can't be a trophy, what trophy is a Ford badge when there is an ST220 one next to it?!

Luckily no damage to the paintwork (screwdrivers to prise off the badge?) and the replacement was only £8. But it seems pretty pointless to me.

Does anyone know if there is a "Beastie Boys" revival, but with Ford badges this time? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I had a 1975 Beetle when the Beastie Boys lark was going round. Not only did they nick the VW badge, but they had a really nasty habit of removing the hubcaps, removing the wheel nuts, then putting the hubcaps back on.

This happened 8 times to me, but I only fell (literally) for it once. Driving down the road on three wheels was different, to say the least. Luckily for me, the wheel did not hit anyone, although it did roll through a plateglass shop front, causing 1000's of pounds worth of damage.

And they presumambly thought it was just a jolly jape...

Lucky no-one was caught by the window smashing, a kid went through a plateglass window round here and the resulting lacerations caused him to bleed to death. :eek:

I would think that removing someone's wheelnuts could amount to "attempted murder" or at least some kind of manslaughter charge in the courts.

Thankfully the wheel nuts were left alone on the aforementioned Ford.

Had the bonnet badge nicked from my Porsche 911 parked on the drive. £25 to replace (ebay - probably some other poor s*d's) and I won't put it on yet as I'm selling the car. No damage to surrounding paintwork luckily but I was very ****ed off.

Sponsored Links
Well, it's not nice in either case, but with a Porsche badge there is a certain trophy value to it. Put it on your Fiesta to show you have a sense of irony, or just stick it on your bedroom wall.

But a badge that says "Ford"... WTF?!?!

I did know a mechanic who had a collection of bonnet badges nailed up all over his workshop, perhaps this was someone else trying to start a similar collection. Still can't see why they didn't nick the "ST220" badge though. :confused:

Maybe they were going to, then spotted your bro. moving around...

Back