A new machine fault on me!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The machine is an oddball Powermat two stroke tiller....in for a recoil starter issue and poor starting behaviour. An internet purchase from Poland.
The recoil was an easy one.....thanks Amazon!
Try as I might I just couldn’t get the thing to carburate properly - it wouldn’t start with choke and wouldn’t run without it.
After several carb strips and fiddling ( a Jeili carb - never heard of it) still no better.
Replacement carb sought.....thanks Amazon!
Just the same :(
Eventually I twigged.....the choke on /off symbols, moulded as usual on the air filter housing -
were the wrong way round (n):eek:
Out with the Dymo labeller, sorted!
Thought I was seriously losing the plot.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I use DYMO labels even when they are the right way round, seem to forget must be old age.

I picked a Merc up once from a car hire hall on a late arrival to Spain once. Sweating hot, aircon not working. Went back to the car hire desk but it had closed. Drove to the villa sweating me nuts off. Next day I thought I'd take it back as I wasn't having that for a fortnight. Checked it again before I set off and it turned out that the aircon was on by default. When you pressed the aircon button, it lit up and in very small letters on the button it said 'A/C off'. I'd turned the bloody thing off in the dark thinking I'd turned it on!

Last edited:
I bought a Petrol leaf vacuum last year and to say the choke diagram was ambiguous was ab understatement. Why can they just print on and off next to the bloomin thing!.

Sponsored Links
Reminds me of a M8's WL Harley. advance/****** on l/h twistgrip :eek: re tard

Reminds me of a M8's WL Harley. advance/****** on l/h twistgrip :eek: re tard

I've never ridden one but seen a couple and amazing people can ride them to be fair!, must take some skill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back