A noble cause ? maybe ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Joanna Lumleys legacy ?? it is estimated that 1 in 10 residents in Aldershot are Nepalese

70% are on welfare

Sponsored Links
But as she doesn't live in Aldershot, I doubt if she knows, or even cares.

apparently she has not visited the place since her campaign ??? if she did she would then see numerous elderly nepalese wandering the streets as they have had to vacate the B&B accomadation for the day ??

Now is this a case of no good deed goes unpunished (for those it intended to help) or didn't anyone think this far ahead.

On the other hand, why haven't they managed to integrate, or get jobs; or is there continued discrimination against them in the benefits they can access.

Sponsored Links
Now is this a case of no good deed goes unpunished (for those it intended to help) or didn't anyone think this far ahead.

On the other hand, why haven't they managed to integrate, or get jobs; or is there continued discrimination against them in the benefits they can access.

a lot of them are elderly ,parents ,relatives ect all ways a large que out side the betting shop as well , scrum time in some of the super markets when they reduce there prices at certain times of the day for products that will be going out of date.

I went to one 2 bed flat and there were 7 living in there all looked over 60 ??? none could speak English impossible to communicate ? that they had to put money on the key for the gas meter !!!!!!!!!!! put £10 on it my self in the end just to get out the door

apparently some 36,000 nepalese served for the british army which means that there dependants may have the right to move to the U.K /Aldershot this could equate to over 100,000 ??????????

Last edited:
apparently she has not visited the place since her campaign ??? if she did she would then see numerous elderly nepalese wandering the streets as they have had to vacate the B&B accomadation for the day ??

I worked on contract when Salamanca park was there. Paras generally had the houses Gurkhas got the flats. Seemed like discrimination to me. They were epic soldiers and fun guys too. IMO anyone picking up a rifle for this country deserves his family looked after.

it is estimated

by whom?

How did you get access to the Benefits figures for the district, broken down by nationality? Or didn't you?

Why is Transam republishing a story from 12 Feb 2011?

Has he found an old copy of the Torygraph under his bedroom carpet?

by whom?

How did you get access to the Benefits figures for the district, broken down by nationality? Or didn't you?

Why is Transam republishing a story from 12 Feb 2011?

Has he found an old copy of the Torygraph under his bedroom carpet?

I go there on a regular basis , was working with 3 people who live there .Was there last week

other then that mind yer own bussiness :)

here's some more recent news for you that won't be in your 2011 newspaper.

I worked on contract when Salamanca park was there. Paras generally had the houses Gurkhas got the flats. Seemed like discrimination to me. They were epic soldiers and fun guys too. IMO anyone picking up a rifle for this country deserves his family looked after.

hence the title a noble cause may be & I do not neccesarily dis agree with you .

As I under stand it they were also not paid the same as British troops or got the same pension pay out ???

Sponsored Links
Back