A Sturdy Climbing Frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here we go.... to get this thread back on track. Dismayed by flimsy, high cost, wooden climbing frames available online, I embarked on a DIY. A competitive timber yard quote, and a pile of bolts and coach screws from t'internet, some flakey sketches and precision measuring, loan of a mitre saw (awesome, I need one), a plaggy slide and 2.5 days later:

Frame up...
IMG_3167.png

Railings....
IMG_3168.png

Roof build...
IMG_3172.png

Roof on...
IMG_3176.png

Ground works, ladder and slide...
IMG_3189.png

Happy boy....

IMG_3178.png

Sponsored Links
Nice one.

Did you follow a plan or design it yourself?

What was the approx cost as im making something similar in the summer :D

Sponsored Links
Designed myself with some inspiration from visiting playgrounds.... Nothing spectacular, 1.5m sq frame, 1.5m high platform, 2.7m frame height.

Timber was around £280, fixings £50, lots of bark £50, slide £70 new off ebay. Borrow of mitre saw (essential) = pint or two of beer.

+ satisfaction.

You can get something less substantial but similar for around £500. Designed it to take a swing and climbing wall at a later date... when time allows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back