A Tale of Two Penalties

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fit the First

54 minutes. Beer poised: to swig or to throw, that is the question.:unsure:

Captain Kane. Eye set with terrible aspect. He takes aim. He shoots...he Scores!!:D

Lions rampant amidst much quaffing of beer. Backs are slapped, cheers and blessings are bestowed in equal measure upon our heroes head.
Hope renewed...(y)

Fit the Second

84 minutes: Beer poised: to swig or to throw, this is a question.:unsure:

Captain Kane stiffens the sinew and summons up the blood. He steps up and...

...WHAT THE F. WAS THAT!? I MEAN, WHAT THE ACTUAL F. WAS THAT! WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT! I mean, are you kiddin' me - c'mon man...:mad:
(sounds of furniture being chewed)

The ball sails so high, it kissed the sky and kept on going, with a blizzard of bottles chasing the cursed sphere into the heavens, where angels weep bitter tears to see the hero fallen to earth.
Hope renounced...

Exit stage right: chased by a cockerel.

(Fade to black.)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I actually blame the Man from MOT for posting that hopeful bloody song. You never, ever, tempt the footbll Gods with such expressions of hope, for they will condemn you to endure the same misery once more...
Thirty years of hurt becomes sixty and four years from now we can go through the same schtick all over again.
Football is a Bloody Hell!

Sponsored Links
At least it spared us the agony of a penalty shoot-out after thirty minutes of near misses...or getting beat by Morocco in the semi's. My new favourite team they are. Had a fine holiday in Marrakesh many moons ago, so that qualifies me to join their fan club.:cool:

There is a thing about how often engurland lose when the game is on itv compared to bbc far more wins when on the bbc

There is a thing about how often engurland lose when the game is on itv compared to bbc far more wins when on the bbc
Are you so superstitious?
I used to prefer the BeeB for live football but Lineker's Laugh-in with his posse has made me change channels. It's the only way to avoid the whine of Jonathan Pierce or the deathly drone of Martin Keown.
It's the Ally and Clive show for me. McCoist has a way of making the game entertaining.

It's the Ally and Clive show for me. McCoist has a way of making the game entertaining.

There seemed to be a slightly awkward moment. McCoist was saying something along the lines that he didn't have much experience of being a substitute, and then Clive said he'd heard his nickname at Rangers was The Judge, because he spent so much time on the bench. Followed by a silence.

I recall McCoist going on to say Souness gave him that nickname at Rangers and if Clive had been as diligent in his research on the game he'd be alright. Good striker in his time, McCoist. One of the best QoS captain's too.

He did say that, but only after quite a silence. It struck me as a bum note in the commentary. Brilliant striker. I think Souness had something against him

It also saved us the spectacle of the, so called, fans idiotically celebrating a win. Thankfully they lost. Football, the most overrated and over paid sport EVER.

Sponsored Links
Back