A working vaillant ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How it works?

Vaillant 400 series boiler.

I cannot find any yardsticks against which I can measure the function of my boiler. I have as an exercise compiled the functions as they take place on my boiler to see if they are what I should expect.

I expect to refine this as a result of any comments, ideas etc I receive from the forum and from further experience. I may even receive a ready made function diagram from Vaillant but I have been unable to find one so Vaillant I am sorry if I have misrepresented your technology in any way.

Central heating – no hot water (I have no extra hot water kit on my system)
1.Turn on central heating
2.After a brief pause the central heating fires up
3.Temp of Set maximum temperature using adjustment on boiler
4.Toutgoing water increases rapidly but isn't allowed to go much above a differential between the boiler input water temp and the boiler output water temp
5.this difference between temperatures appears to be regulated to about 20 deg
6.for some time dependent heat output required by the system the boiler regulates the burner output to a steady flow which allows the input and out put temps to increase to the maximum set by the user.
7.TRVs will begin to close down as rooms warm up. The system will require less heat to satisfy the needs of the user.
8.The difference between boiler input temperature and output temperature begin to close
9.Boiler output will begin to reduce automatically.
10.Boiler output is too great for system
11. Boiler shuts off and goes into recycling mode (I am not sure whether this is a specified time or not) but appears to be about 10 mins or less.
12.Boiler starts again
13.Temperature boiler output rises quickly to max limited by 20 deg difference and then proceeds alongside input temperature until input an output approach equality.
14.Go back to 11 to begin from here again in a loop over and over again until wall thermostat turns off the whole system.
15.All systems set to start.
16.Wall thermostat will restart the whole system if the temperature is reduced below user setting
17.Of course the system may or may not be switched on or off by thermostat or manually.

Later I hope to add codes and symbols and what they mean and perhaps timings and temperatures at various points.

By the way has anyone any experience of the diagnostic kit sold by Vaillant called vrDIALOG. I think it does all this for you.

Don

Sponsored Links
All I can say to that is WHY :eek: :confused:

VRDialog is good, but make sure you get version 2 for the plus range.

1.Turn on central heating
2.After a brief pause t.....

blah

blah

....le system if the temperature is reduced below user setting
17.Of course the system may or may not be switched on or off by thermostat or manually.

All sounds pretty normal to me.

When I had the boiler installed I had no idea how it worked and what was supposed to happen. I have had to learn what is normal from scratch. It would have been useful to have a description of how the boiler should be working normally so this is my attempt. It could be used by people trying to describe their problem i.e at stage 5 in this description this is what happens. Or it might be useful just to paste this when describing what a boiler should be doing.

That is if it was correct.

I am pleased with your feedback mogget - sound normal. I shows that I am on the right lines.

Thanks or the feedback on VRDialog. Gas4You

Sponsored Links
I think it would be more helpful if you started by stating the model of your boiler.

Since you have not asked any questions, I dont really see the objective of your posting!

11. Boiler shuts off and goes into anti cycling mode (I am not sure whether this is a specified time or not) but it seems very short and the boiler lights up for only a very short time, seconds rather than minutes some times, before returning to anti cycling mode. Is it possible to extend the anti cycling mode to allow the circulating water to cool own more so that everything is less frantic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back