aahhhhhhhh ......someone help me this time !!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in this property there is a baxi solo 30kw, 16 rads ,cylinder, one is piped like the old one pipe system, dont know why but hes not interested in changing it, the rest of the system is fine.
one rad down stairs never got hot so ....ive chemically power flushed the system and still no joy with the One rad down stairs (15/60 grundfos installed new ..not by me) the rad is a large 1400 dpdc, so i capped the pipe work coming out of the screeded floor and made a drop busted on to the rad up stairs , hey presto it works A1 but two small rads down stairs now dont work.
ive traced pipe work up stairs to the drop they feed of and its luke warm, they tee off the circit yet 6/7 inches away the pipe work is hot, the rads not working, one of them is the rad i power flushed off, and the other rad backs on to it ......... ive thought about recommending to him doing a new drop for the two rads but hes starting to get a bit ****ed off with the whole senario..... any ideas ?????, the sysem is full with water as i even tried to pull the water through the two rads yet still no joy just cold water.
ive shut down every rad i can get to and still no luck. had rads off the wall and flushed through them and all fine
Im totally foxed on this one and swalloed my pride to ask for help
any takers ????????

Sponsored Links
to be honest i havent but it was the drop i powerflushed from and it wizzed around the whole system fine and bled the rad it backs on to whilst powerflushing and it was going through it , i thought that maybe where ive busted on to the pipe work for the bigger rad ,...ive pulled the heat from the two small ones that were previously working ok, i was unsure if there was a bigger pump available on the market as it seems there just not enough *******s to push it down the last drop, ive balanced the whole system previoulsy aswell and it was just the large rad( that i re-piped)that never got hot, now its the two small ones , 22mm runs through four of the upstairs bedroom rads aswell which is more or less the whole up stairs circit minus 3 rads

Sponsored Links
I suspect a one pipe system, try joining the pipe work coming out of the screeded floor that you capped off.
If they then get hot you will know that it is a one pipe system and by capping them off you have stoped the circulation.

Steve

the though did cross my mind but when the pipe work was connected to the rad itself has never been hot since it was fitted over a year ago(not by me),but the two smaller rads did get hot ..... they are situated in part of a new extention to the house , the f&e has a 22mm feed and its in the loft along with the cylinder and the pump and three port are also in the loft , at the minute the only two options i have are to either ... as you said steve connect the pipe back up but it is seriously gonna look awful as he dont want the floor up or install another new drop at another extra cost , but i feel then the rad that is one pipe will not work so it will need another drop aswell !!!

If you connect the pipe back up and the two rads get hot at least you will know that it is where the problem is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back