Abode kitchen tap leak - not sure how to tackle it!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

My Abode kitchen tap (left side hot, right side backwards for filtered cold water, forwards for mains cold water) has been leaking from the cold water side for a while now.

There appears to be a very small hole underneath close to where the cold water lever comes out - not sure what this does though. Nothiing can be undone from the end of the lever, and the leak is coming from where the horizontal part of the lever goes into the body of the tap.

Here are pics of the tap - any suggestions gratefully received! Thanks

[IMG=http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2918/08092011515.th.jpg][/IMG]

Sponsored Links
Looks like the abode atlas.

Where the grub screw is for the tap handle. 2mm allen key.

Thanks for the quick reply. So assuming I can undo the grub screw with a 2mm allen key, what should I be looking for after that?

cheers

may need a new cartridge.
Also check the collar is tight this holds the cartridge in if loose it will leak.
I think their was 2 versions of this mixer early and later model.
Do you know how old the mixer is ?

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

It's about 4 years old if that helps? I will turn off the water and dig out a 2mm allen key and see how I get on and report back shortly.

thanks for your help

Just on the off-chance, can you recall how you got on with this as I have exactly the same problem. Initially the tap leaked from where the spout meets the base. I managed to fix this but it's now leaking around the cold tap handle. Was this easy to fix or do I need a plumber?

Apologies. Hopefully it's acceptable to follow the tips given under this topic and post the results for the benefit of other users. If not please say as I've no wish to offend.

Quick update for other non-technical people: Having the same problem I removed the tap handle (by releasing the Allen nut under the handle and pulling it off). I then unscrewed the round 'cover' by simply unscrewing it by hand (using a rubber glove for grip helped here). This revealed the cartridge itself which appears to be leaking near the handle spline (where the part that turns rotates within the cartridge).

Not sure if this is a DIY job anymore. I think this needs a new hard/soft mix cartridge so I'll contact Abode about getting one and for details on how to fit it. Frankly these taps look fantastic but seem a little problematic. I've had problems with them leaking around the base of the spout too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back