Tap leaks from the inside down the supply pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen tap is leaking from the inside on the hot water side so the water runs down the supply pipe.

Dynorod has come out to isolate the leak but it means that I can only get cold water from the tap now. Can the tap be repaired?

It is a mixer tap.

Sponsored Links
mutley on the forum listing page, at the top of the page is forum information, in there is a sticky about uploading photos

Sponsored Links
Dynorod has come out to isolate the leak but it means that I can only get cold water from the tap now. Can the tap be repaired?
They came and isolated the leak.....and nothing else? How much have they charged for the privelledge of getting half a job done? Have they quoted for finishing the job?

My guess (and it is a guess at this point) is that you have a monobloc tap and the rubber seal has perished on the hot tail.

@charnwood, i have a homecare agreement with British Gas which includes plumbing and drains from Dynorod. The policy excludes replacing or repairing taps.

I suspect what you have said about the rubber seal in the hot tail being broke is the correct guess. Is the tap worth repairing in this case or cheaper to buy a replacement tap?

Dynorod quoted £210 for replacing the tap which is too expensive I think when the tap that they will use cost about £60.

I would charge you £60 to fit your taps plus any other materials needed.

Go yo your local b&q and buy a tap then get it fitted.

Andy

Replace the tap?!?! DynoGas just want to make their shareholders more brass!

If it is the rubber, a few pence for a replacement.
Worst case scenario is replacing the whole tail. You'll have to buy a pair at five quid-ish the pair.

Both fairly easy DIY jobs, so long as you don't mind being upside-down in a contiboard box for half an hour.

That's if it is the tail rubber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back