Abusing The System

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shutpa

Since registering with DIYnot.com almost four years ago, I believe that I am right in saying that someone, be it Igorian, Breezer, DIY Darren or whoever, has come up with the answer to a problem that I have had. The sheer width of knowledge that is available on this site is truly mind boggling. There is, however a downside. Every now and then, in fact very,very, often, in answer to what can be a very big problem to the poster, someone comes up with a reply that is an abusive and irrelevant attempt to trivialise the problem in hand. If this isn't abusing the site, what is?

Sponsored Links
Nice one Megawatt. This is the sort of humorous comment that many of the subscribers to the site excel at. Highly entertaining without a trace of invective.

While we are on the subject could someone tell be why I have a pair of scissors on the little edit box on my postings? Rupert?

Sponsored Links
bolo said:
While we are on the subject could someone tell be why I have a pair of scissors on the little edit box on my postings?

it enables you to cut out the wrong bits?

Really JohnD? Are you saying that I've got wrong bits in all of my postings? And me a teacher too. I must submit myself for retraining.

Maybe you've already cut out some of the wrong bits.

Before ... Really JohnD? Are you saying that I've got wrong bits in all of my postings? And me a teacher too. I must submit myself for retraining.

After ... Really ? Are y s yi g that I've g t wro g bi s in all of my postin s? And me a teacher too. I must submit myself for retraining.

Be careful with the scissors ... Thye've got a mind of their own!

2/10 ... See me ;)

bolo said:
If this isn't abusing the site, what is?

Being boring like wot u r Teecher!

When you answer more questions than those that occasionally trivialise a daft question - then you can complain. Better still - answer it yourself.

Cheers joe-90, I am sure that you would agree that if it wasn't for boring teachers like me, then the chances are that you wouldn't have the education that has equipped you to contribute to this forum. Having said that, I am the first to admit that I am totally clueless in most practical things and the main reason I visit this site, is to have access to those who are willing to pass on advice on practical matters to people like myself. And if humour creeps in to replies, all the better - it makes a valuable contribution to the feel-good factor of this site. Abusive or highly critical language does not.

bolo said:
And if humour creeps in to replies, all the better - it makes a valuable contribution to the feel-good factor of this site. Abusive or highly critical language does not.
I think it f***ing does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back