AC and DC conductors - OK in same ducting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Related question to another post.
I am planning a near future solar install. Rishi's £200 loan not enough to convince me otherwise!

There will be a set of panels on my house that needs to run DC current to my garage 25 metres away. The voltage on the cables from this string will be approx 215v total at 11amps.

I'd planning to run this in some ducting to the garage, I also need an AC cable coming back the other way (240V, max around 15amps). This is going to be an SWA cable.

Given that the DC cables are rated at >1000V and insulated as such it is OK to run the DC cables in the same ducting as the SWA? From what I understand as long as the insulation is adequate and especially if they are similar voltages this might be OK (although not necessarily best practice).

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Given that the DC cables are rated at >1000V and insulated as such it is OK to run the DC cables in the same ducting as the SWA? From what I understand as long as the insulation is adequate and especially if they are similar voltages this might be OK (although not necessarily best practice).

Yep, that is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back