AC DC adapter help please

which unit - the goodmans or the one you found
Not sure what it would go through the charging to get to the batteries - maybe a loss there if a cheap circuit
so 6V is low to start with

Sponsored Links
on the 7.5 setting I am getting 7.55V
It clearly is producing the correct voltages when off-load.
I can not get anything across the battery springs - charge switch was on
That's surprising. With the 'charge switch on, voltage must be getting to inserted batteries (were they present), otherwise they obviously wouldn't get charged. Have you tried measuring between all possible pairs of 'springs'?

If there really is no voltage getting to any of the battery connections, the only think I can think of is that some 'clever' electronics are only allowing voltage to get to the battery connections if they sense that a battery is present!

It clearly is producing the correct voltages when off-load.

That's surprising. With the 'charge switch on, voltage must be getting to inserted batteries (were they present), otherwise they obviously wouldn't get charged. Have you tried measuring between all possible pairs of 'springs'?

If there really is no voltage getting to any of the battery connections, the only think I can think of is that some 'clever' electronics are only allowing voltage to get to the battery connections if they sense that a battery is present!
Yes I tried one end on the spring down that end covered by the radio plastic case and then the other probe on the spring at the other end. I have never tried charging battery in it so it may never of worked

Sponsored Links
which unit - the goodmans or the one you found
Not sure what it would go through the charging to get to the batteries - maybe a loss there if a cheap circuit
so 6V is low to start with
Testing the one I found.
Just tested the goodmans one and get 8.48V

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back