Accenta G3 mini (does not see 2 PIRs)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My alarm system (Accenta G3) was installed a long time ago (maybe 20 years). The system was working fine until I changed the battery. (A recent power cut caused me to realise that the battery was dead). I did my research and bought a like for like battery. I installed it and when activating the alarm 2 of the 5 PIR’s come us faulty (I can see that the two PIRs in two rooms on the ground floor are not lit up). I can set the alarm by ‘omiting’ those two PIRs. I presumed I must have dislodged a wire when I had put in the new battery. I took the front off the alarm box and cannot see any loose wires.

Because all was good before the new battery I am presuming this is something simple but, of course, I don’t know - any ideas

TIA

Attachments

• alarm 1.jpg
    alarm 1.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 68
  • alarm3.jpg
    alarm3.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 65
Sponsored Links
I can see the PIR's are labelled.
If the all PIR's were working beforehand and only two not working now the chances are when you replaced the battery, you pulled a power cable out.

I would take out the battery.
find the two pirs and follow the cables to try and find the appropriate cores.

Unfortunately its a right birds nest so you must be careful, as you may pull more wiresout trying to sort through the mess

I can see that there are 1 red wire to AUX plus (13V terminal) and 3 black wires to 0V.

I would suspect the two twisted reds maybe the cores your looking for that are going to the speaker, as two of the blacks going to 0V are also twisted.

But I would trace the cables to make sure before moving.

Thanks for the helpful replies . . . . do I need to switch off the 250volt mains supply before touching those small thin wires?

Sponsored Links
Safety first.

many engineers wouldn’t down power but they would take care not to touch live mains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back