ACCENTA G3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , We have an Accenta G3 burger alarm fitted , when we arm it & go to bed about 2 hours later the alarm goes off & when reset it shows zone 3 on the keypad , we have done the usual walk tests & cannot get zone 3 to show on the pad lights . We have 5 P.I.R's but only 1 &2 light up , but they all activate the alarm when tested . I have the manual but cannot find any troubleshooter items , could this problem be 3 is a code for low battery or anything like that , any help please ?

Sponsored Links
#No special codes I am aware of.

Are you sure zone 3 does not light (or show) on a walk test?
Is it a LED or LCD keypad?

If it does not show are you able to take the cover off the panel (not keypad) and see if there is anything attached to that zone? (Remember to remove the mains supply first.) If there is nothing but a link, that may be loose and needs a tighten.

If there is its time to identify the detector and check that out. Is strange if a zone was missed out, but it could have been a "repair" to remove a dodgy detector previously.

Also with 5 pirs I would expect them to be all on different circuits. Not on two.
Can two of you do the walk test and see what activates and what does not?

A quick and dirty test is to press the chime button, then press 3 to enable the chime on zone 3, then press reset. The panel will chime whenever zone 3 is triggered, so you simply need to walk around until you hear the panel beep. Reverse the procedure to turn off the chime.

Sponsored Links
A quick and dirty test is to press the chime button, then press 3 to enable the chime on zone 3, then press reset. The panel will chime whenever zone 3 is triggered, so you simply need to walk around until you hear the panel beep. Reverse the procedure to turn off the chime.

Even better idea.
I am used to panels where you can select the zone in walk test, this is a way for lesser panels.

You have been "Thanked".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back