Accenta Gen4 Tamper Lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the subject line implies, I have a tamper lockout on newly installed alarm, with just two sensors, bell and 1 remote keypad. I have tried to link out the tamper circuits to the bell (TA) , the RKP (TAMP) on the left side of the panel, and the main tamper loop TAMP terminals.

What I found was that with the link accross the RKP tamper pair, the RKP no longer has power (?)and thus I cant enter the code to reset the panel. Linking out the other two tampers seems to have no effect - still tamper lockout. I have check wiring to bell and RKP and all are OK. When I power up and replace the cover, I can enter the default user code which silences the system, but stays in tamper lock. Any ideas, I'm pulling my hair out

Sponsored Links
i suggest you have wired it wrong.

you can either double check everything or dissconect EVERYTHING and start again, and check it works at each stage.

ie. start with only panel and keypad, no detectors or sounders coonected, but do link the sounder tamper, and make sure you are doing this right

Sponsored Links
i would try what breezer said and if that doesn`t work i would maybe say a damaged cable to the keypad. because if you link the tamper on the keypad it should still work. alarm cables are very easily damaged. what to do is get a meter of cable. wire it to the keypad and main panel see what happens then. if it works then its the keypad cable.

If you was installing it with it powerd up theres your problem if not still could be same problem check the fuse,s in the panel when i got mine there was a blowen fuse took me hrs i was checking my tamper wiring then i took a volt meeter and checked the 12v and there was no power took fuse out replaced it and bobs your uncel it jumped into life

hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back