Accident opening tin of paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought some Leyland acylic undercoat/primer yesterday. Tin of plastic variety with plastic lid.

Helping my mum decorate her house for sale, I opened the lid yesterday. It was extremely difficult, the slots are almost pointless as you have to dig right into the tin to prise it off. Finished yesterday, I'm out this morning and came home to a dozen missed call on my phone.

Turns out mum is in A&E, screwdriver has gone through her hand when she was attempting to open the tin of paint

Why on earth do they make these cans so ridiculously hard to open? Really quite annoyed actually. :evil:

Sponsored Links
So they can sell you a Paint Tin opener !
31LUWkVK9ZL._AA160_.jpg

The second one is the sort I use, helps get the paint off rollers as well, has a knib at the end that fits the slots just right, cant stab yourself with this,

Hope your Mum is OK, they do say DIY is the most dangerous job a person can do !!

21R8GZTqwgL._AA160_.jpg

Hi several,

I'm sorry to hear about your mother's incident with the opening of the paint tin and hope that she is alright.

I am currently working on a new series for Channel 5 which explores the mishaps that occure within DIY. I think this case would fit well in with the show, and wondered if your mother may be up for appearing on the show to discuss the incident along with yourself perhaps?

It would be great to speak to you in more detail about this. My contact details are as follows:

[email protected]
0141 nnn nnnn

Hope your mum is alright and hopefully hear from you soon.

Best Wishes,

Drew

You vulture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back