ACL Lifestyle LP 241 programmer No C/H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ACL Lifestyle LP241 programmer which operates both my hot water & central heating. The problem is the programmer will work with the hot water, it will call for heat to the cylinder when I turn it to on and when on a timer(twice).

However the programmer does not control the central heating even when I turn it to either on or timer (twice). To operate my central heating I need to turn the room stat (Drayton RTS1) to a temp above current room temp. The heating will only come on when controlled by the room stat, even when programmer is at 'off'.

I have only recently identified this problem as the CH was off for the whole summer. I also did recently replace the RTS1 room stat, as the previous RTS1 was faulty.

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
The heating will only come on when controlled by the room stat, even when programmer is at 'off'.
Do you mean that the room stat can turn the boiler on and off, irrespective of whether CH is On or OFF at the programmer?

If so, the room stat has been wired incorrectly.

Sponsored Links
D_Hailsham";p="3226734 said:
Do you mean that the room stat can turn the boiler on and off, irrespective of whether CH is On or OFF at the programmer?

If so, the room stat has been wired incorrectly.

Yes, the room stat can turn the boiler on/off irrespective whether CH is on/off.

When I replaced the RTS1 recently it was just swapping over for the same room stat. I did not mess about with the wiring and all worked well before.

Yes, the room stat can turn the boiler on/off irrespective whether CH is on/off.
Remove RTS1 from wall and check wiring for loose strands touching adjacent terminals. Replace RTS1

Do the same for the LP241.

With LP241 off the wall, check if the boiler can still be turned on and off at the Room Stat?

If yes:

Disconnect the wire from terminal 4 of the LP241 and check again.

If no:

The LP241 is faulty.

Sounds like the switch contacts in the CH channel have stuck.
Does the indicator bar move when you press the select button? Does the red light come on? And can your hear a click when it's switched on?
If no one has altered any wiring then it must be the timer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back