Aco drain gap and leak water to the ground

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently hired a builder to add aco drain brickslot around my conservatory (patio slope is toward my house and water used to stay around the patio and the house wall).

Issues I have:
1- At fist he left a gap around the aco drain. So most of water was going to the ground. He was saying technically there is nothing wrong with the gap as the water will soak by the ground. Also the existing damp proof membrane will protect the house from damp.
My point was the gaps are making the aco drain useless as the water was soaking through gaps instead of Aco channels. He filled the big gaps with cement but saying it was nothing wrong. I am wrong here? Or I was right to push him to fill the gap?

2- Now when I pour some water to the Aco channel, most of the water will NOT go to the connected gully.
I assume there are some gaps in Aco channels that cause water leak to the ground. Again he is saying Aco drains are to avoid flooding and leaking water to the ground is nothing to be worried of.
I’m worried of having subsidence or damp in future because of the Aco drain leakage around the wall.

He is an individual builder who worked for cash. Not friendly and I assume I cannot do much about it.

Can you please advise if I need to fix the Aco drain leakage or I’m too worried?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back