adding a rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My offspring' lives in Devon I live in Sussex and she and her family have moved into a new house six mths ago and want to add a rad to a bedroom that never had one.
Haven't seen the system but he wants help adding the rad using compression joints in the flow pipes as he's been told not to use pushfit.

My son in law says their is no header tank in loft only mains tank. Are header tanks supposed to be direclty above the boiler? or is that only for vent pipe reasons?. Oh! he did say he thinks the vent pipe comes up from the h/w tank into the main tank. Of course the other thought is to look for one in a cupboard in the room above. The boiler which is in the kitchen.
Strange if no header tank and not a sealed system how is the boiler topped up and how do we turn off the water feed other than from the mains? He knows it isn't a combi as he had one in the last house and it doesn't turn on when you open the hot tap [hence storage tank]
any advice will be appretiated.
Rob

Sponsored Links
He may have an open vented h/w system with a sealed heating circuit. There should be a pressure guage on the boiler if so with a filling loop nearby.
Pete

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back