adding a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
G'day to all,..my first post here, but have been reading lots of interesting stuff for a while!
Q: I have an elderly Ideal W boiler, and an equally elderly Primatic HW storage tank. The boiler is regularly serviced and has never given me a problem. I'd now like to add an extra radiator to the system...is this possible with the primatic tank?...there are 7 rads at the moment.
If it is possible, what do I need to know before I start?......(I'd much rather replace the boiler & fit a modern vented system, but I'm doubtful about the condition of pipewok & radiators given no corrosion inhibitor for years!..)...any help gladly received......thanks in advance..............del

Sponsored Links
yes you proably can if memory servcies me its ranged rated boiler so gas engineer can up the btus if required

Thanks for that Andrew, but it isn't the boiler that's my worry, it's not knowing if the Primatic tank will allow an extra radiator, I can't see why not, but I don't know the limitations (if any!) of the tank....any thoughts anyone?.......Regards,.... del

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back