adding cold water tank in the loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I would like to add another cold water tank in the loft to the exsisting tank, so that the water does not run out when having long showers.

Can any one help me please.

If posible show a small diagram for me to understand.

Thanking you,

Pravin

Sponsored Links
How big is the tank now? Is it possible put in a bigger one? Is the ballcock giving a full flow and not dribbling out etc?(may need a new valve or adjustment) You can run 2 tank side by side with a short pipe and tank connector but make sure it's well supported, ideally on top of bearing wall to take the extra weight using 1" exterior plywood.

You can use 22mm pipe across to marry up and I believe you can use plastic speedfit pipe, best to ask the plumbers as this post need to be in the plumbing section.
images
images

u could replace the cistern with a bigger one or join another one to ur existing one. but there are some regs to follow.

If i remerber right, When joining two tanks that the cold mains goes into one and the supply has to be out of the other one. This stops the water going stagnant.

Sponsored Links
Best to put a float operated valve in both of the cisterns and have outlets in both cisterns (at opposite ends to the float operated valves) connected to a common outlet header. That way you reduce the risk of stagnation and also you benefit from quicker fill of the cisterns.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back