Replacement of a Cold Water tank in the loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have had a new cold water tank in the loft as the same time as we has a new Worcester Greenstar 30CDI system boiler back in March

This new tank in the loft replaces the old galvanised tank and expansion tank that was in the loft. Because of the new Greenstar system boiler there is only need for a cold water storage tank and no expansion tank.

The question I have is how do you know if a Byelaw 30 kit has been fitted?

And does this tank supply cold water to the upstairs cold taps etc or should that be mains fed - the reason for my asking is that I couldnt understand why at the bottom of the tank there are two outlets at the bottom of the tank - I suppose one goes to the hot water cyclinder but cant understand where the other one would go to?

Many Thanks
Lauren

Sponsored Links
The bottom cold connection would go to the bath and possibly a hand basin cold tap. The theory is that you get equalised pressure at Hot and cold in bathroom.

Depends what you mean by ‘Byelaw 30 kit’.

A complete Byelaw 30 kit comprises of a lid, lagging jacket and Byelaw 30 Fittings Kit.

A Byelaw 30 Fittings Kit comprises of a screened* overflow/warning pipe and a screened breather.
*Screened to stop insects and other contaminants entering the tank.

Normally white plastic, so, easy to spot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back