Moving Cold Water tank to the loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just moved into a house with a 3rd bedroom being a loft conversion on the top floor.

I currently have F&E system consisting of:

Boiler - Ground floor.

Heating/Hot water tank on 1st floor along with main bathroom.

Cold Water tank / Central Heating expansion on top floor.

There’s a loft above the bedroom on the top floor and I’m thinking of moving a cold water tank into the loft and making a bathroom for the top bedroom in place where the cold water tank is now.

I’ve extended the loft opening, so there’s a 53cm clearance now for the coffin type water tank to get through.

I am aware that water tank will require wall support, so there will be a wall directly below the water tank in the loft.

Will there be enough pressure for the top bathroom?

What are the constraints and rough cost involved in doing so?

Sponsored Links
have you considered converting to mains water supply only including an unvented hot water cylinder,it will work as long as any other remedial work is carried out.

(y)

have you considered converting to mains water supply only including an unvented hot water cylinder,it will work as long as any other remedial work is carried out.

(y)

I haven't actually. What remedial work is needed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back