relocation of cold water tank for loft conversion...options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Hope you might be able to offer some advice. I currently have a gravity fed system. The f and e tank is located in the part of the loft not being converted, but the cold water tank is right smack bang where the dormer will be - so needs to be moved. I have one existing bathroom with a pump for bath and shower and the new loft will also have a bathroom. The boiler is located on the ground floor and hot water tank on first floor.

My questions are

Where can the tank be moved to? Does it have to stay in the main part of the loft or could it be relocated to the part that is not being converted? This is about 9" lower than main loft, but has reasonable head height.

Because of the new bathroom, will the tank have to be raised up from existing height?

Can you have two pumps on the same system?

Or is a combi boiler the only option??

Thanks in adance for your help

SB

Sponsored Links
Looks like time for a wee change, do away with your header & F&E tanks, fit a un-vented cylinder & system boiler.

The only down side to this; you'll put a lot of additional pressure on your existing pipe work.

Thanks for the reply. Is this the only option really?? :(

I'd need to get rid of the existing pump then. How can I check that the pressure will be sufficient without it for both bathrooms?

SB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back