Adding insulation on top of an existing flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I would like to add insulation on top of an existing flat roof, without removing the existing roof cover.

I started looking at this article, which seems to have a picture of somebody sticking down a panel to an existing roof surface.

https://www.roof-stores.co.uk/guides/flat-roofing/guide-flat-roofing-insulation/

and which mentions warm flat roof construction, which sounds like the approach I want to take

Warm Flat Roofing: Insulation material is placed on top of the roof, rather than in-between the ceiling and the decking.

The problem I have is that any other resources I have found that show warm roof installation seem to start at the rafters and then build up from there.

Is it possible to take an approach where the insulation is stuck to the existing roof surface?

Below is a picture of the existing roof. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

qZRIxTLl.jpg

Sponsored Links
if you don't want to remove the outside roof then you need to remove the inside to put insulation in. Also consider the age of the roof Felt even the torch on triple layered will only last about 20 - 25 years if done well. Other roofs 10 years id rip it all off and have rubber fitted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back