Adding insulation to single storey roof above bathroom.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am redoing my bathroom in a house built in 1911.
The bathroom is at the back of the house on the groud floor and has a sloped, slate tiled roof above it. As the room gets very cold, I was going to rip down the old sloping ceiling to the joists, fit insulation between the joists, plus a new inline fan, then fit plasterboard back to the joists.
The roof is slate tile, roofing felt stuff, joists, then plasterboard at present.

Is there any particular way I should tackle this job? I was just going to fit celotex type insulation between the joists and make sure there is adequate ventilation between the insulation and felt so as to not get condensation by adding some air vents in the fascia outside. I was just going to use standard 12.5 mm plasterboard to reboard the ceiling. Is this ok, or should this have a moisture barrier incorporated?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
You will need either foil backed boards or install vcl.

And consider insulated plasterboards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back