Adding new downspout to torchdown roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a torchdown roof with built-in gutters. One side of the roof only has one downspout in the middle, and water is pooling up at the ends of the gutter instead of draining into the middle. I'd like to add downspouts at both ends, but I'm not sure how to do that. Can I just cut through the membrane, drill a hole in the sheathing and add some sort of scupper to attach the downspout to? Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
basically yes.

the success of the job will largely depend upon how well you seal the scupper to the deck and how well you join the membrane to the scupper.

a large cut in the membrane may be necessary, say 2 foot square. this will make the repair slightly easier.

be warned, you are making a cut into an area of the roof that is already vulnerable and susceptible to ponding. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back