Adding Radiator to Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I need to add a radiator into my converted garage. The boiler is in there in its own cupboard, and I have access to the main 22mm flow and return pipes.

These have already being tee'd off directly under the boiler and reduced down to 15mm pipes, with 2 radiators splitting off in 10mm.

Although that has made it easier for me, allowing me to tee off the 15mm again for another radiator, I wish to install the new radiator the other side of the room, where routing pipes is no longer possible unless I start hacking into the plasterboard.

Behind the wall I want to place the new radiator, there are 2 existing 10mm pipes running across, which then go down and through the wall supplying the small radiator in my hall.

I know the correct way would be to run it back to 15mm or 20mm pipes, but would this be ok to tee into as its only supplying a small radiator? This would make it a lot easier for me to install if so.

The radiator I wish to install is 450x1800 and outputs 1382 watts 4717 btus.

Cheers,
Adam

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back