Adding UFH to Ecotec as an additional zone.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, First time post....

i have done tons of searching about adding UFH in our new extension but have found different answers.

The work will be done by a qualified plumber but i like to have everything in place so i know whats going on! (had a nasty experience with the last plumber).

I currently have an Ecotec Exclusive 838 boiler running 8 rads and a towel rail. I am using the VRC470 mounted in the boiler to control the heating and a VR81 in the Hall for the temp.

I am wishing to add underfloor heating as a separate zone, so my UFH is zone one zone and the rads will be zone 2. I will use:
a VR61/4 to control 2 valves for the zones,
use the VR81 to control the rads,
move the VRC470 to the zone where the UFH is and use this to control the temp there.

Is this an way to add the UFH ok or can you suggest a better way of accomplishing this?

I am aware that the 838 is a modulating boiler but i am concerned that if the UFH was the only zone calling for heat that the required flow temp would be too low?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back