Zones, DHW, rads + UFH, Heatmiser controls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Having problems getting my head around zoning and the controls to get everything working as it should.

Whilst replacing the ground floor we are fitting (wet) UFH. This will cover 7 areas (living room, lounge, kitchen, hall, 2 bedrooms & bathroom) , im told a Programmable stat for each area is the most efficient way to go. don't want to be heating areas we wont be using until we have guests over.

In addition to the 7 UFH zones we have
3 rads upstairs (2bed rooms + hall)
1 rad in conservatory (wont be used much)
1 rad in utility room (don't expect this to be on much just rather have it fitted now than decide we want it later!)
+ Towel rail in bathroom (UFH too)

Most of the UFH systems we're looking at use Heatmiser controls
Looking at the options, A UH-1 wiring center allows 8zones (or 7 + rad) + DHW.

My thinking is to use the UH-1 wiring center for 7 ufh zones + rad and DHW.
Prog stat for each UFH zone + 1 with DHW, Prog stat for rads in upstairs hall connect the rads in using single zone valve and use TMVs on all rads (cons+utility turned off until needed).

Plumbing wise this is 3 zone valves - UFH/Rads/DHW. As im using Programmable stats i dont need a conventional time clock?
#Edit - since UFH manifold actuators are all closed unless heat is required, is a separate zone valve required for the UFH?

Plumber has suggested the towel rail is plumbed directly into boiler flow and return so if heat or DHW requested, the towel rail will heat regardless rather than zone it separately.

Does this solution sound like it should work properly and give best options for control vs complexity? Any other ideas?

I have a spare 6 port UFH manifold that i was thinking of using for the rads and use stats + actuators as per the UFH but is this overkill considering i dont expect to be using the rads much unless we have guests?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back