Additional radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the one Myson 3 ft double radiator in the lounge area. The room takes about two hours to warm up so I'm considering an additional radiator. There is no fire in the room so the radiator is the room's only heat source. I've marked all the radiator positions with a red line.

My opinion is to install an additional radiator on the lounge/kitchen wall but I welcome suggestions for a better position.

The radiator plumbing is 10mm JG push fit and the house is timber construction.

full

Sponsored Links
Ideally you should do a heat loss calculation for this room.

This would tell you if the current radiator is the right size.

Armed with this information you can then troubleshoot why the room takes so long to heat..

Adding an additional radiator may not be the best course of action and is building control notifiable.

My opinion is to install an additional radiator on the lounge/kitchen wall…..
That’s what I would do. If it’s too hot, you can always turn them down but as you have found out, if theres not enough heat source, all you can do is wait. And freeze! Just do it. Make sure you have the room stat nowhere near either of them.

Sponsored Links
I've realised that the seals on the DG window by the radiator have collapsed somewhat so will replace them first and see how it improves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back