Changing like for almost like

O

onlyagirl

The double radiator in my lounge (600mm/970mm) is just not heating the room adequately; feels like just background warmth after the combi boiler has been churning away for hours, obviously costing me a lot of money. The lounge is 11ft by 12 ft.
I have decided to find out about installing a triple panel radiator in place of the double panel. There is no room in the lounge for a separate additional radiator.
The question is: would a triple panel convector radiator make enough of a difference, and would the installation be fairly straightforward? The combi boiler was installed in 2012 and it runs 7 other average sized radiators; only one other of them is a double. The boiler manual says: heat output condensing 25.7 CH, heat output 28.1 DHW.
The plumber is having a look tomorrow and I just want to get some knowledge beforehand.

Sponsored Links
To heat a room that is approx 4mx4m with a standard height of 2.4m, taking consideration of double glazed windows and possible external walls, is going to require about 5500 BTUs, so about a 1.6kW radiator is required and I would expect that from a 900X600 T22 double panelled radiator. I have not come across tripe panels at this size. I would expect about a 25% increase of output from a T22 to a T33. Whether that is sufficient for you is impossible to say. I would personal be looking checking the radiator is producing it's design output, you may need to bleed or balance the system, then look at decreasing your heat-loss values.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back