Advert - your opinion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evenin' all,

I'm sticking a new ad in my local trade directory. I had a quarter page last month and got a few reponses and have decied to go for a half page this month. I want to make it attractive and informative but am worried it's too cluttered. Wht do you think of the following content? Is it too much information? Please ignore the format etc. Format and font will be attractive (matching my business cards) and will also include my logo.

Cheers in advance

regards

Fred

Business Name
Quality Plasterwork

Tel: *****-*** *** Mobile: *****-*** ***
Email: ***@***.com

Plastering Patch Repairs
Dry Lining Ceiling Repairs
Skimming Coving
Re-Skimming Tiling

· Friendly, professional and reliable · All areas covered
· Insurance work welcome · Competitive rates
· Credit / Debit Cards accepted · Fully insured

For a free no obligation quotation please call Fred on *****-*** *** or *****-*** ***

Edit: Ooops, forgot to take e-mail address out. DOn't want that floating round on a public forum - spam galore!!!

Sponsored Links
"all areas covered"

i should hope so, i wouldn't want a platerer who didnt cover all the areas

personally, i don't like the all areas covered bit, also, to a non plasterer (like me) it does not mean that much, all i would want to know is, can you plaster, are you any good and do you sound friendly on the phone?

In what way is your post not just a big free advert? :confused:

i would say it isnt, because he has removed all useful info, i.e email, phone, location, oh and if you want a watergardening site visit........... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
For my local adverts, I use "Chesterfield and surrounding area" Rather than "all areas covered", and for my contract work I use "North Derbyshire and South Yorkshire" as the areas covered.

Would "all aspects of plastering and tiling undertaken" cover the work?

Do you have any reference sites? as you could include "References and portfolio available".

Domestic & commercial work undertaken?

Do you offer any discounts to pensioners, hospital staff etc.

Just a few thoughts.

A few bits you might consider:

"All Areas Covered"
It might be more accurate to say: Customers welcomed in Kidderminster, Warwick, Birmingham, Cirencester (or whatever it is)

Have you had any experience? You don't seem to say so. Are you "time served" or C&G? member of the Institute of Plasterers? Insured? VAT registered? Are you a local tradesman, in business since 2006 or some such date?

Do you re-plaster Artex ceilings?

Do you give local estimates?

Do you do homes, offices and shops?

Are you friendly and reliable?

breezer said:
i would say it isnt, because he has removed all useful info, i.e email, phone, location, oh and if you want a watergardening site visit........... :LOL:
Oh ha ha. His Email is in his profile.

I wouldn't ever hire you as an advocate. :rolleyes:

Cheers all,

Al areas covered is out now. I hadn't looked upon it as though it cold be interpreted any other way but re-reading it makes me realise it doesn't sound good. Also, the local rag only goes out to households within a 10 - 15 mile raius of here so i stands to reason that I don't need to tell people I'll travel to them if I'm advertising in their local rag!

Time served? No, relatively new to full time plastering although have been at it for a few years part time. I do have a couple of reference sites though. My own home for a start and a shop which is useful as it's public. Everything else though is private dwellings though and I don't think they'd be too pleased with people turning up to inspect their living room!

Domestic and commercial. Yes, hadn't thought of putting that in. All aspects of plastering and tiling? I guess that would cover it but I'm not sure I like being so vague . It does however reduce the clutter. Oh, and covering Artex - nice one - I didn't think of that even though it's my speciality (I guess only because other pasterers don't want the work!). A pain in the bum job but with satisfying results.

Thanks again all.

Regard

Fred

Softus said:
In what way is your post not just a big free advert? :confused:

As someone else pointed out, there's no info in there. I forgot about my e-mail being in my profile but even so Softus, it really ouldn't be worth my while trying to put a sneaky ad on here. For a start, the target audience is so limited that responses would be thin on the ground if they even existed. When you reduce the target audience to those local to me you'd end up with three, maybe four people maximum. Of those, two would probably be more inclined to do their own plastering. That leaves two.

in addition, you could argue that anyone with a trade who posts on this site is taking advantage of a free ad. You only need to look in the plastering forum to see that I've not long started out as a plasterer, no free, sly ad neded for that. If you look in the plumbing section, electrice section etc it ain't difficult to pick out the plumbers and sparks from the rest and if they've got their e-mail in their profile then it's possible to e-mail them and ask them to quote.

I do see where you're coming from though but can assure you the intention was not to get a free ad at all. In fact, the thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I was after opinions and ideas, of which there were many helpful ones so to all those who helped, thank you again.

regards

Fred

breezer said:
Softus said:
I wouldn't ever hire you as an advocate. :rolleyes:

i hate foreign fruit

180px-Eierlik%C3%B6r.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back