advice for building under stairscase PC/office workspace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking at building a pc/office workspace. This space will be used on a daily basis for office work and leisure.

1. could you recommend some 3d modelling software that is user-friendly and if possible free versions.
2. What wood should I use?
3. Where can I find some pictures/work already that I could use to get some insparation?

thank you for your assistance

Sponsored Links
Google sketchup. I think you can guess where to get that from :D

How big is the area? under stairs is usually very small and does not give you much room for doing anything other than putting a small desk in.

1 bit of advice, if its going to be the PC area and used in the evening when some have gone to bed already, and your walls are just timber & plasterboard then box it all in as the keyboard noise was really annoying when I had a PC under there. Eldest lad was waffling on MSN while I was trying to sleep.

This question comes up very regular so if I was you I would post your question under the project section. You are bound to find some who as undertake this type of project before and only to willing to publish photos of the results of there endeavours, be they good, bad or indifferent.

Don’t forget the electrical requirements.

Thanks Matt,I'm busy downloading google sketchup.

These are my measurements
I'm hoping to get the same trimmings and finish as this
. Any idea where I could get these trimmings and how to make the Pine look like antique pine this this product. I have this cupboard already right next to my stairs so I want to try and match it to this cupboard.

This looked quiet smart as well but of course I would need to build something for the pc to go on.
zoom.jpg

Sponsored Links
take your dinning room or other table big enough mark off the area you can use
lean a sheet of hardboard to represent the stairs

with your actual chair in situ work out where you put things in the area

keeping in mind the chair movement and the need to swing and get out off the chair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back