Advice needed, cast iron bath feet on a tiled floor....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a resin roll top showering bath ready to fully fit on a ceramic tiled bathroom floor. The orginal 30s floor boards have been replaced with WBP, joists are good and I've put noggins where the bath will sit. Tiles are down with flexible adhesive and floor is solid as a rock.

Now my only worry is the bath feet, they're made of cast iron so I have concerns that they may crack the tiles. The bath is actually temp fitted and in daily use with no probs however I've put big ugly rubber washers under the feet. I'm now ready to fit permanent and get rid of the washers but putting a cast iron foot on cearmic tiles just feels dodgy.

Is there an accepted method of dealing with this or am I worrying about nothing?

Sponsored Links
worrying for nothing, the feet have grooves in the back for screw fixings, as long as the tiles have got no voids under ie-the tiles have got an even overall coverage of adhesive over the entire tile, there will not be a problem.

did you have any problems with the tiles after they were fitted? I have a very similair scenario....cast iron bath - porcelain tiles ready to be laid (chipboard and then plywood have just been laid first)....

half the floor will need tiles first - then move the bath onto the tiled section before putting it into its permenant spot...

should all the tiles have a consistent, no air gaps in-below sytem to prevent damage?? - should I leave some sort of hatch to gain future access to the bath waste???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back