Advice needed for best boiler system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to run 2 showers simultaneously.
1 in a main bathroom and 1 in en-suite.
I am in a 2nd floor flat.
I don’t know what pressure my mains is – I have filled a 10l bucket a few times and seem to have 16l/m flow.
Flat is one level top floor so I have plenty of loft space… not much room in the flat.

What is best option for me?

Am I right thinking the incoming mains pressure and flow affects ability to run 2 showers at the same time with both a combi (even a kick-ass one) and an unvented system … but does not matter with a vented system?
Ie.
With a combi you’re heating the mains water as it comes in and not storing any HW.. so the mains pressure and flow is basically ‘shared’ among all the outlets.

With an unvented system although you are storing a cylinder of HW you can still only draw off that HW at mains pressure and flow.. ‘sharing’ it between the outlets.

Whereas a vented system with a HW cylinder you can pump it off giving plenty of pressure & flow into the 2 showers … at least until the cylinder is empty? Ie incoming mains pressure and flow don’t affect the pressure & flow to the showers as this is decided by the piping and pump between the cylinder and shower head?

Is that correct … or not ???

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back