Advice on Installing Garage Door Brush seals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I need to install some brush seals to bottom of my garage door, but the metal seems too thin for the screws to secure properly.

See the images of it here on imgur.

My idea to combat this is to glue a small piece of wood into the gap between the thin metal and the rest of the garage door for the screws to latch onto, but this seems like a bad choice.

Does anyone have any better ideas about how to do this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi
I looked at the rubber ones, but was advised against it. One of the primary reasons for doing this is for pest control and pest control experts insisted that the brush seals were more effective at keeping them out. Basically, the rats would eat the rubber.

Thanks

Hi
I looked at the rubber ones, but was advised against it. One of the primary reasons for doing this is for pest control and pest control experts insisted that the brush seals were more effective at keeping them out. Basically, the rats would eat the rubber.

Thanks

Fair enough, but wouldn't they just push their way through a brush seal?

Edit- BTW, you can purchase metal thresholds that have the rubber seal inside the garage. Any rat would have to be able to (potentially) nibble through a 2(?)mm gap.

Sponsored Links
I don't know what your seals are like but I pop riveted mine on.
Aldi selling rivet guns at the moment

Self drilling tek screws would also work

Install the brushes so they just kiss the floor rather than being considerably bent by it; if the door bends the bristles a lot it will become difficult to open and the extra force needed will damage the fixing points

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back