Wickes garage door sealing strip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a garage door "draught excluder" from Wickes.

It consists of a 3 inch wide rubber strip, a thin strip of aluminium and some fixing screws.
The rubber strip is about 2.4 m and fits the bottom of the garage door almost exactly.
But the aluminium strip is only 2.1 m -- what gives?

Anyone bought one of these?

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
My up and over garage door has a 2 in wide steel strip screwed to the bottom 3 ft on each side jamb.(ie 1 in protrudes inwards) Not sure what it achieves, above them is a gap of 5 or 6 mm. door stop? draught excluder?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MANDATE said:
My up and over garage door has a 2 in wide steel strip screwed to the bottom 3 ft on each side jamb.(ie 1 in protrudes inwards) Not sure what it achieves, above them is a gap of 5 or 6 mm. door stop? draught excluder?
It keeps out rain & leaves etc

I think you are all missing the point

mike004 said:
The rubber strip is about 2.4 m

But the aluminium strip is only 2.1 m

i think the OP is asking why is the rubber longer than its holder

Sponsored Links
Good point! although I don't see a problem if rubber is longer than holder providing holder is long enough.
rubber too long? cut it off. Holder too short? take it back. But wouldn't the OP know this? Now not sure what the problem really is!
:?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back