Draught excluder routed into door frame

16 Jan 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I've spotted a draught excluder that was routed into the door frame, so that the door closes against the stop as normal, but is seal around the perimeter of the door.

Similar to a Intumescent Strip, but the seal was a thin strip of rubber that was angled, so the door slides past it, creating the seal.

Now, where can I get some of these?

I'm trying to draught proof a door and thought that these were brilliant. i'm sure I spotted them in a new build flat.
I don't like a door with sticky on draught proofing bits. It makes the door look terrible and unprofessional.

Also, I'm trying to seal the bottom of the door, but it's wood between both rooms, but one room is sloped, so there is a large gap below the door when closed. I used to have a spring type excluder, but the spring just broke, but can't find these anywhere either!!
Sponsored Links
ironmongery direct will have all the stuff you're looking for if you can't find it in your local merchants.
Normally, in the merchants next to the door frames, is a basket or rack with these

In some cases, these can bind on the doors, and you may need to plane the door more than normal. And then as the rubber wears (or the door shrinks) ...... you get a draughts!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links