Vertical Door Draught Excluders? - Do the exist?

23 Oct 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I noticed on both of our French doors that around the lock part where the doors come together and close, there is a roaring draught coming in!!

I wondered as these wont be opened for another 6 months or so and kept locked and closed, is there such a thing as a Vertical Door Draught Excluders that I could push into the centre door (where it closes) and it overlaps both sides forming a seal, just so over winter it could be sealed up? to stop this draught of around 10 inches in and around the handle/door lock?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
you are describing sellotape

But a brush pile excluder, carefully fitted round the rebate, will be neater.
Thanks! I know I've seen it before, even a rubber sort with a prong in the middle that fits in the middle join of the door, that you push in, and the two opposite lips overlap the 2 doors..

Its only in the middle of the doors where they close. So around the hinged part etc is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links