Advice on skimming existing ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old 70's bungalow that has platerboard ceilings that have large cracks across them where the plasterboard sheeting is joined (nor sure if the joins where taped).

Is it possible to have this sorted by having the ceilings re skimmed as I dont want to have to replace the ceilings.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Racey

Sponsored Links
Hi Many thanks for the reply.

I am nor sure if the joints are staggered the rooms all have coving, if I went down the overboarding route then presumably I would have to replace the coving as well.

Cheers

Racey

Sponsored Links
redtogreen said:
I have an old 70's bungalow that has platerboard ceilings that have large cracks across them where the plasterboard sheeting is joined (nor sure if the joins where taped).

Is it possible to have this sorted by having the ceilings re skimmed as I dont want to have to replace the ceilings.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Racey
shouldnt be a problem as long as the ceiling is flat, no big humps etc... 2 coats diluted pva then re-tape, and re-skim.easy..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back