Advice on the best way to set my wireless thermostat settings!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a netatmo smart thermostat connected with my oil boiler and I can't decide if it's best to let the heating kick in when it drops point one of a degree or to just boost the heating depending on times we are home. What is the best way to save on oil and heat the house?

Sponsored Links
Depends on how much you value your comfort
Your house will always lose heat (assuming outside is cooler than inside)- how many watts per hour depends on structure, air movement, wall wetness and temperature gradient. The greater the difference between outside and inside temperature, the more watts per hour will be lost.
Your boiler will run more efficiently on one long burn (say 20 mins) than on 4 short burns. If the house warms up fairly quickly from ambient then on demand heating can work well.
There should be a dwell value on your thermostat so the boiler isn't clicking on and off every 5 minutes. If that value is adjustable, play with it so the 'satisfied' temperature doesn't feel uncomfortably hot and the 'call' value doesn't feel uncomfortably low.
Best value of all is insulation, thick curtains, draughtproofing, carpets, more clothes, blankets when you're sat watching the telly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back